Nearly a quarterly review of No New Clothes 2015

So it's March 16. And so far this year I have bought on impulse one pair of shoes. I also 'had' to purchase a black dress to wear to a funeral. Once I had bought the dress, I confessed to my friend who immediately offered me a black dress of hers to wear. This is what I want my challenge to challenge, the thinking that I have to buy as a first resort.  So I was all ready to send it back, until I tried it on. And my husband loved it.  As did I. And to justify it, it was £15 and is totally versatile. Add a skinny black belt and high heels, it's so sexy and glamorous. Add a denim jacket and leggings, and it is perfect for the school run. So I'm keeping it.  I have to say, I am a little uncomfortable with how quickly it can be made very very glam, it's not like my life at the moment is full of opportunities to wear such a dress.

I am putting together a wish list for when I buy clothes next year. A beautiful, soft grey jumper is definitely on the list. The one I wear a lot is a charity shop buy and is stretched and not looking it's best.  I am definately leaning towards a French chic look...

As for the Murphy Bed fund, the total currently stands at £480. Feeling very pleased with that, but still a long way to go.  Trying to sell stuff, but it's not as easy as it seems...

Comments