Do something every day

It has been said that in order to turn your dream into a goal, you have to add steps and a timeline. Well, I don't know if making my first quilt counts as a dream, but I am determined to try and do something each day towards the realisation of that dream.  What I really want to make is a patchwork duvet cover for our bed, plus a patchwork blanket to wrap yourself in in the early morning quiet by the open French doors. But I am starting with a scrappy one, one on which to learn. I cut the pieces last October half term and it has just been sitting there.

So yesterday I came to this 'a little each day' and sewed three rows. And went and bought new thread I will run out by the weekend. Today I ironed the seams in what I sewed yesterday so they all lay flat the same way. Tomorrow, I don't know, maybe another couple of rows :)

Comments