A new challenge... No new clothes for a year!

I have become aware that I spend a lot of time thinking about my clothes and what I look like and I cannot help but think it is a little self indulgent.  Of course, I want to look good enough that I don't make people cringe but not so polished and perfect that I am intimidating. At 6ft tall, I need Al, the help I can get!

And even though I have had a personal shopping experience, I still make bad choices when purchasing clothes, usually based on 'oh that's cheap, I'll have it' and I keep looking on Pinterest and deciding that I am going to live using a capsule wardrobe, or dress in a French chic manner. I have a few things in my wardrobe that don't fit very well, or are uncomfortable and I am loathed to get rid of them because I have spent money on them.

So I intend not to buy any new clothes in 2015.

There are a couple of conditions though.  In order to do this, I need to make sure that I have everything I need for the whole year before I start. For me, this means I need a couple of pairs of black leggings that I have been putting off buying for the last 6 months and a new pair or chunky knit tights as my current ones have already been turned into footless tights, but the holes appearing are just one too many!

I can accept gifts of clothes, and if I am given vouchers for clothes shops, I can use them.  I can also buy new underwear should the need arise.  Accessories don't count as part of the challenge, but shoes do. No shopping from charity shops, or ebay.

I hope to really develop my own style, to use my wardrobe to its fullest and to bring myself to rid my wardrobe of all the the things I don't like/don't fit but have been hanging on to.

I have no idea how hard this is going to be.  Bring it on!!

Comments