The Cleaning Fairy is back in the house!

I am feeling so very proud of myself. I have managed to hoover, clean bathrooms, iron etc 2 weeks in a row now, for the first time in ages. I think I am finally getting back on track after being somewhat sideswiped by my second-born and the realisation of just how hard it is sometimes just to get through the day with 2 under 2. It doesn't sound like much, but it feels like such an acheivement to me.

I have also just turned out a batch of 'nobnobs' and last night, Hubby fixed the sewing machine and I began sewing Ruth's apron. Clearly, I have a way to go before I am good enough to make things to give to people as sewing in a straight line still needs to be mastered. But I threaded the machine myself and actually got the hang of how to use it. Now, if anyone can tell me what a 'top stitch' is, that would be really helpful (sideways glance at Val!)

And this afternoon, Hubby has treated me to the afternoon off :). He is going to look after the kids and I have the afternoon to do what I want, sans children. It is going to be very welcome headspace for me and I can't wait. . I have decided to head into town and do some shopping, to see if I can find a pair of winter boots, to do some Christmas shopping and then have a coffee in a bookshop, total bliss. I might actually get around to spending the book vouchers that my mother-in-law gave me nearly 3 years ago. Just need to find and dust off a handbag so that I can leave my usual handbag (read: changebag!) at home.

Comments

Val said…
Hey Di!

Top stitching is stitching that only serves a decorative purpose. It doesn't hold anything together, or really do anything except decorate. Sometimes people will do it a 1/4 inch or so in from a seem, just to jazz things up a bit. Make sense? If no, let me know and I'll try to find some examples for you.

Looking forward to seeing the finished product. There's nothing cuter than little girl aprons! :)
Di said…
Thanks Val, much appreciated!!!