Well, that told me...

Galatians 3:3 (New International Version)

3Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort?

We have had a tough couple of days. Ben has been doing brilliantly at night, but Ruth has been a different story. I have spent more time in her bed the last couple of nights thanI have in mine because she got so distressed every time I tried to leave. So lets just say the old sleep bank is overdrawn, especially as I'm not getting a whole lot of sleep in the day either.

On Sunday I was a real grump because of lack of sleep and because I felt like I needed sleep to function and had been denied it. But God kept bringing to mind verses about his strength being sufficient for me, and how he will meet my needs according to his glorious riches and today I have really tried to hold onto that.

And then the verse at the top just leapt out at me at bible study this morning. I am being so foolish in trying to do this motherhood thing by myself! Thank you God for drawing this to my attention and for being there to help me :)

Comments