So tired :(

I am exhuasted. Ben was sleeping through the night and then he had his jabs and then a cold and hasn't slept through at all in the last 2 weeks, so I am back to only getting 3-4 hours at a stretch and only if Ruth doesn't wake up in the meantime. I'm getting up usually just after 6am and not really having much chance of a sleep during the day as the children seem to be napping at different times. Ben is finding it difficult to settle himself in his cot, and will take ages to go to sleep, screaming all the time. I can't leave him to cry himself out, I feel too bad for that! So nap times are either Ben asleep on me, or me going up and down stairs putting the dummy back in and re-settling him for up to an hour. I don't remember it being this hard with Ruth but Hubby assures me it was. So in a funny kind of way, it gives me hope.

So perhaps I should be dozing now, but I just tried to wake Ben for a feed to try and get him to go through the night and he wasn't having any of it. So he may wake by himself naturally in the next 10-15 mins, or he may just keep sleeping until we go to bed. I have no idea if we are coming or going, I am that tired!

On the upside, Ruth (19months) is learning so many words and is starting to form simple, succinct sentences. It is so gorgeous listening to her chatter. And it makes life so much easier now that she can say what she wants or needs. She is also growing in confidence in the swimming pool, she has her armbands on and kicks her little legs and 'swims' for ages. She doesn't really want any help either. So proud of her :)

Comments