Today I am 28. And I thought I would break from my usual style and give you a list of 28 things about me. And I would really love it if you read my blog to come out of lurkdom and say hello :)
1. I am 6 foot tall. I never thought I would find someone taller than me to marry. In fact, I never thought I'd find anyone to marry. But God brought me together with the man who is most perfect for me. He is 6 foot 3 inches!
2. Having my birthday the day after Valentines Day is great. People don't tend to forget it (unless you are my father!). Also meant that during the single years, I would sometimes get cards on the 14th anyway! Mind you, I still have to ask for a V Day card now I am married!
3. If someone told me 2 years ago that now I would be just weeks away from giving birth to my second child, I would never have believed them.
4. I love doing laundry, especially in the summer when I can hang it out in the garden.
5. I hate cleaning bathrooms.
6. I spent the summer before university cleaning bathrooms. For free. It was probably the best summer of my life.
7. Big groups of people make me nervous. Especially if I have to talk.
8. I hate being cold.
9. I love going for ultrasound appointments to see my unborn child. The baby is there, perfectly formed but yet so so so tiny. Amazes me every time.
10. I love to bake. I need to find an outlet to pass the produce onto, as I could and sometimes do, bake far more than I should eat...
11. I love the idea of a perfect garden. I'd love a big floppy sunhat to wear in said perfect garden. However, hats don't suit me and we never seem to get enough sun to warrant wearing one!
12. I have been married for nearly 6 years. Arguably the best and most exciting 6 years of my life.
13.I hate the sound of my voice.
14. NCIS is my favourite TV programme. Lets just say that aside from the witter banter, a certain male lead holds utmost sway!
15. I love Cadbury Creme Eggs. Any time of the year.
16. I'd love to own a motorbike.
17. My little girl makes me laugh on a daily basis. I'm hoping that she has inherited my unique sense of humour so that there will be someone else who understands me!
18. I have done a static line skydive. The most exhilarating experience ever. I would love to continue the training one day and jump alone from 12,000 foot.
19. I don't enjoy shopping. I worry I spend too much on rubbish.
20. I love scented candles, the expensive kind :)
21. I would love to be a girly girl, but having spent most of my teenage years in army combat trousers and mens jeans and jumpers, its a continuing education.
22. I love the beach and being on the sea. I feel blessed to have married a man who is passionate about the same thing.
23. I am learning more about hospitality. I feel that there is more to it than just having mates round for dinner.
24. I read the DailyMail online for the pictures. I should be reading the Times....
25. I have a law degree. I loved how the study of it stretched my brain, but wasn't quite so happy about the implication that it made me overqualified to do the jobs I wanted to do in order to have a happy home life.
26. It has taken me until now to have a circle of really good girl friends. I feel so very blessed to have them in my life.
27. I am almost constantly hungry.
28. I enjoy blogging, but think that I am possibly a better writer than I actually am.