Without meaning to...

We live our lives to make us happy, to do what works for us to keep us solvent, healthy and blessing others. But it does feel lovely when how we live our lives inspires others to take parts of what we do and add them to their own lives. Obviously, as a Christian, I would love for people to really see Jesus in my life and want to take that for themselves. I think I need to make more of that, as that doesn't seem to be the bits that other people notice...

Anyway, that said, there have been a few things recently that others have seen us do in our lives and have taken on board to do on theirs. Things like a marriage journal, a non-screen night once a week, reusable nappies, breadmaker and baguette tins, having children, making sex special and not just given to anyone (this was one from my pre-marriage days, where a flatmate of mine said that she re-thought her views on sex after I said that I was waiting for marriage), putting the young baby down on the floor on a blanket instead of holding them all the time. One time, we even overhauled a friend's finances (though I am not sure whether she is still using our strategies!).

I think this post is coming over rather self-congratulatory, but I wrote it because I was inspired by people taking bits of my life to enhance theirs. I don't think that I have all of the answers, or that anyone would be remotely interested in the things we do. After all, its only little old me, who lives a quiet life in the country.

Comments

VRM said…
I think its a wonderful post! I'll be honest, I've learned a lot from other people, including young moms like yourself. I'm an American wife (25) who in the last year has made a 180 degree turn from wanting to be a career woman and go down in history to wanting to eventually become a stay-at-home mom who spends her time focusing on her husband and future kids (they are probably still a year or two in the future!). I find inspiration in your blog and others, the blogs of women who are not afraid to say that they love their lives at home and in the service of the Lord. I hope that someday, I can be a woman like that too. In the meantime, I do the best I can, trying to spread the joys of things like quilting, making clothes, baking, canning, and home cooking to other women. And I also try to spread the love of God, and pray that he will use me somehow to touch others. God bless, and keep up the good work!

P.S. I love that you named your baby girl Ruth. Ruth is my middle name...a name you don't see much in the states these days.