Aren't you lucky??!!!

I just read this post, and I totally agreed with it! We get the same kind of comments when we get asked how well Ruth sleeps and reply that she has been sleeping through the night since she was 7 weeks old.

Perhaps we have been blessed with an 'easy' baby, certainly Ruth never had colic, and we did use a dummy until she was 5 months old. People often comment on how placid and content Ruth is, and how wonderful it is to have a baby who is so good.

But I believe that us as parents have played a roll in shaping Ruth's sleeping patterns and thus subsequent contentedness. As I have said before, we have used the Babywise method in training Ruth to sleep, and we have done that since day 1, when I was totally exhausted and in excruciating pain with breastfeeding. When we got rid of the dummy we did controlled crying, which was possibly the hardest thing I have had to do as Mum (apart from the innoculations!).

Now, this all sounds very arrogant to say that our baby is lovely because of the work we have done with her, but I think its honest.

Comments