Here's the plan


But first a little picture of Ruth. She's 6 and a half months old now, and she is just brilliant. She is sitting by herself, but has realised that this doesn't get her very far, so is trying to build on it to get up and move. Lots of bumped heads so far... We are blessed that she sleeps very well at night and is generally a really cheery, happy baby. We have been given such a gift!

Anyway, I am having a re-think into the direction of this blog. I handed my notice in at work on Friday just gone, the same day that I received my last paycheck. So I am home. Completely and utterly. And in all honesty, it feels odd (but getting less odd by the day). It is odd because for the first time in 11 years I am not looking for a job, or going to work, or thinking about future jobs. For the first time in 11 years, I am completely financially dependent on someone else (thankfully, this is my husband). It is also odd because I have wanted to be totally 'at home' for 3 or 4 years now, and when you finally have what your heart desires, it takes a bit of adjusting. Well, at least it does for me.

I am also finding that as I handed my notice in, my baby-contemporaries are contemplating nurseries and returns to work. I seem to be one of a kind. The odd one out. But I know it is where I am supposed to be.

Next week Hubby is away for a week, so Ruth and I are going to stay with my parents. I couldn't do that if I was back at work! And in that time off, I plan to really think about my blog, what it should entail, or even if I should continue blogging. Its not like I have a massive readership, but even if I did, I don't know how much of a consideration that would be.

So if you do read this blog, I would be really happy if you would leave a comment to introduce yourself (if you haven't done so already!). And I will consider whether the bloggy world needs another simple living mama blogger!

Comments

Renee said…
I think you already know that I read your blog. I hope you continue even if you only post sporadically.
Ellen said…
Hi, Di.

I enjoy reading your thoughts; it's encouraging to me to hear from a woman trying to be a godly wife and mother. I also understand, though, how when life gets busy it's hard to find time for blogging!