Life Moves On

Sorry for the rather long break in writing, over the last few weeks there have been a few changes in our lives and I didn't feel able to blog about them, but now I feel in a place where I can share.

As we left for our holiday to Italy, we found out that we were going to have a baby. We were so excited, I felt so sick! And the working from home thing seemed to really co-incide with the pregnancy and life was looking great.

However, a couple of weeks after we came back from holiday, sitting at home on one of my 'work from home' days, I started to miscarry. And sadly, our baby went to Heaven the following day. I was 7 weeks exactly.

We have been so loved and supported through this period in our lives where we became parents, and a time that is usually so incrediably hard was made relatively easy for us by the care of our family, bioligical and spiritual. We hurt, yes, we cried, we grieved. But we hang onto the fact that God knew our little one, hidden away deep within me. He knew exactly how many days she was going to live for, and it is all part of his perfect will. She is not forgotten, and one day, we will meet again, both of us in perfect, heavenly bodies. She has played a part in our lives, albeit a brief one for now.

I feel like a different person for having undergone this experience. Throughout the days when there was uncertainty, Hubby and I had a tremendous peace that could only have come from God. We are not angry, perhaps we should be. But in myself, I feel different. I feel more peaceful and calm. I feel much more confident in who I am as a person, which may sound really silly. And I love our little baby, we both did. And I think she knew it too.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh, Di, I'm so very sorry for your tremendous loss. I wish I could give you a hug. I'm so glad you've been supported and felt God's presence and that you had the blessing of your little baby for a few weeks, but I'm so very sorry that your time with her was so short.

Grace and Peace,
Ellen
Liz said…
Di, I'm so sorry.
I know that God will continue to look out for all of you.
Keep praying and trusting.
Liz
xxx
What a beautiful post. I'm sorry for your loss! I know what you mean about peace and even some of the empowerment--it is strange but wonderful:-)
Thank you, BTW, for all of your kind and supportive comments! I feel bad about not commenting earlier but I wasn't ready until now. I really like your blog. I spent a year at home and, while I now work part-time, my new job is so much less stressful and I have plenty of time at home like I wanted. Anyway, thanks!!!