Changes

At some point this week, Wednesday morning to be exact, I will find out if I can reduce my hours down to 3 days a week. I honestly have no idea which way this is going to go. I feel like I can handle the three days and getting everything done, but my boss might have different ideas and think that only being in for 3 days is pushing it too far. Perhaps he likes me on hand to do things at the drop of a hat, and I can understand that. What frustrates me is the hours between the emails which require such a response. But we have been praying, and we trust that God will allow to happen what is best for me, for us. My heart is still very much 'at home', wanting to serve my God, my husband and my church rather than this corporate organisation.

It rained last night for the first time in 6 weeks - my water butt was getting seriously empty! I am growing veg again this year and so far things seem to be flourishing, lots of green leaves. Last year I went a bit mad on planting loads of stuff, but I think I got 1 runner bean from 9 plants, one pepper, 2 cucumbers and a few tomatoes because it was so dry there wasn't the water to go round, and as we are on a meter, we didn't want to incur huge water bills. This year, I have planted 2 tomato plants, one pepper plant, a handful of lettuce and a handful of spinach, and I have 6 runner bean plants on the go inside too. So I was happy to see the rain on their behalf too!

I thought that if I started a blog entry today, then the work would come flooding in. It hasn't. And its over an hour til hometime and the supermarket run!

Comments