Step Away From The Desk

Ever had one of those days where you just want to run away from work, leave it all behind and go home to do what you really want to do? Today is such a day. Everything about me seems so pointless and frustrating, even my computer isn't behaving. I want to be at home in the quiet, spending my time productively and for the benefit of people that I love. But it's coming. 3 days til my first day at home!!!

Last night, we arrived at Alpha to find that someone had dropped off 6 boxes of books. 6! So Hubby and I had a look through and were able to take home about 8 books. Now, they are mostly really old books, but there are some real classics in there, as well as helpful ones. One was entitled 'what will heaven be like', another was a 'who's who' of the Bible. As I said to our vicar, I have some new shelves that just need filling! He told me that I had too much time on my hands... But it comes down to choices. He chooses to spend his Saturdays watching football, I'd rather stick my nose in a book!

Comments