Day 3 of Blog Fast

I didn't get to update yesterday as I was a busy bee! Busy sleeping and holding my gorgeous baby :)

Another effect of the blog fast was that I used my rest time to its best. Usually, once the children are asleep, I sit on the computer and read my blogs. This isn't anywhere near as restful as actually getting my head down and getting some zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's. So when I put Ben down for his nap yesterday, I climbed into bed and had a good hours sleep. And I felt so so so much better for it. Hubby even commented on it when he called to say he was on his way home, and then again at dinner, about how happy and upbeat I was. And there it was. I realised that my home was a happier place because I was rested, calm and happy. I cooked a roast dinner (and on a school night as well!) and we had a lovely evening. Ben even made it into bed by 9pm so Hubby and I had an hour to ourselves for the first time in 9 weeks.

I will admit to thinking a little about my blog friends and wondering what they are up to and what I am missing out on. But that is nothing compared to the time that I am spending do what is best for me and my family. Sure, it is good to what is good, but it is better to do what is best!

So here is to another day of blog fasting. Its 8.20am and already I have a wash on, soup bubbling on the hob and am looking forward to an afternoon with Hubby and the children going out for coffee in the village and seeing the ducks. If it doesn't rain! It is freeing not having my mind tied up with what is in this little pink box of electronics!

Comments

Val said…
I AM NOT trying to tempt you, but I wanted to let you know that I will be hosting a giveaway for a little handmade goodie at my blog for the next week, though Friday May 21. Would love to have you enter, if you like.